Patients and Visitors
Medication Assistance Program
Have you ever chosen to go without your prescription medications due to the cost? Do you worry that you're unable to afford your prescription medications at times?
The Labette Health Medication Assistance Program (MAP) is a partnership between you, your Labette Health care team, and the manufacturers of prescription drugs.
As a MAP member, you could receive your medication for free or at a reduced price by simply setting up an appointment with your MAP advocate. Your MAP advocate can guide you in the application process to receive these medications.
Patients who qualify for MAP meet the following criteria:
- Currently receiving care from a provider in Parsons or surrounding areas.
- Total household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- Do not have prescription drug coverage, or prescription drug coverage that covers the medications prescribed (this includes Medicare patients without Plan D).
As a patient partner in MAP, they must:
- Set up an appointment with a MAP advocate to complete enrollment applications.
- Provide MAP advocate with a copy of their most recent income verification.
What the patient should expect as a member of MAP:
- A MAP advocate will assist them by processing their application and ordering their medications through the drug manufacturer.
- As a MAP member, they will receive their medication for free or at reduced price, delivered to their primary care physician's office.
- Each prescription enrollment is good for one year. After, they must sign a re-enrollment application and provide updated financial documents.
What 200% above the federal poverty line equals:
Back to top »