Labette Health's laboratory is staffed by board-certified pathologists specializing in the practice of anatomical pathology and laboratory medicine. Technical staff includes medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists registered through the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
- Routine analysis in the areas of chemistry, therapeutic drug monitoring, hematology, coagulation, blood banking, urinalysis, microbiology, immunology and histology.
- Specialized clinical chemistry analysis, hormonal assays, CEA assays, electrophoresis studies and radioimmunology sent to Labcorp.
- Clinical immunology, including immune function testing for the detection of antibodies to rubella (measles), varicella (chickenpox) and mycoplasma, anti-nuclear antibody identification; and titer, fungal serologies and direct antigen testing.
- Clinical microbiology studies, including routine isolation; chlamydia detection; complete anaerobic capabilities; complete antimicrobial susceptibility testing, and limited mycology, mycobacteriology and parasitology.
- Clinical hematology studies, including bone marrow interpretation, automated comprehensive blood count and complete coagulation analysis.
- Anatomic pathology services, including tissue diagnosis by light microscopy and immunohistochemical studies.
The laboratory is fully accredited and certified by the College of American Pathologists, and the American Association of Blood Banks. It is also CLIA-certified.
The laboratory is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information about tests that have been ordered by your physician, go to labtestsonline.org.
Back to top »
Learn more about vaccines »